Borrow, Renew, and Pay Fines
Ocean State Libraries Online
- Books and CDs, 3 Week Loan
- DVDs, 1 Week Loan
- DVD Series, 3 Week Loan
- Magazines, 1 Week Loan
- Museum Passes, 1 Day Loan
Request an Item
Most circulating materials can be placed on hold. Items not owned by the South Kingstown Public Library may be sent from other Ocean State Libraries members upon request.
To place holds online:
- Visit the Library Catalog.
- Perform search (title, author, series, keyword) to find the item you are interested in borrowing.
- Select the item you would like to order by clicking Request button.
- Type in your library card and PIN number.
- Make sure you choose the pickup location.
- Click the submit button.
- You will receive a phone, email or text message when the requested item is available for pickup.
To place holds by phone call the Reference Desk. Have your library card handy to process all requests for materials.
Renewals can be made by phone or the online catalog. Most items may be renewed twice.
Items that cannot be renewed include:
- Items Requested by Another Patron
- Items That Are More Than 14 Days Overdue
- Museum Passes
- Non-Ocean State Library Items
The South Kingstown Public Library does not currently charge overdue fines. Items that are not returned within the timeframe of their due date will be marked Lost and the patron will be charged the replacement fee for the item. In the event the item is returned, there will be no fee.
Individual Ocean State Libraries set their own fees, which apply when borrowing their items.
You may pay fines for overdue and lost materials at the library by cash or check, or online using a credit card. If you wish to pay fines online, log into your library card account, click "Pay Online," and follow the prompts for instructions. MasterCard, Visa, and Discover are accepted.
Currently the system does not support payments via PayPal. The minimum fine amount that can be paid by credit card is $1.01. If your fines are less than this amount, "Pay Online" will not show. If you do not wish to pay all of the fines at once, you can "uncheck" the fines you do not wish to pay at that time, and hit "recalculate" to pay only the checked, selected fines. Each selected fine must be paid in full-you cannot pay a partial amount on a selected fine.