All residents of South Kingstown are required to recycle. Residential recycling is free at the Rose Hill Regional Transfer Station. Recyclable material can now be mixed together but must still be separated from household trash. Household trash must be disposed of in designated roll-off/compactors which are located in the Residential User Area. NO plastic bags are allowed with your recycling.
Please Recycle the Following Items
- Juice boxes
- (Empty and rinse - no pouches or straws)
- (Empty and rinse - remove metal lids and recycle both)
- Metal Cans and Foil
- Aluminum cans
- Pie plates
- Tin cans (soup, vegetable, tuna and pet food)
- Mixed Paper and Cardboard
- Paper bags corrugated cardboard
- Paperback books
- Thin cardboard boxes
- Plastics - Any plastic container up to 5 gallons in size - New
- Plastic cups yogurt containers
- Plastic egg cartons
- Takeout containers
- (Empty and rinse - don’t crush. Replace caps and lids)
- Clothing or textiles
- Greasy pizza boxes
- Plastic bags - Place in Restore receptacles at the entrance of most markets. Do not place recyclables in plastic bags.
- Plastic Containers larger than 5 gallons and non- container plastic (toys, furniture)
- Refrigerated and frozen food boxes (butter, soda, beer, pizza or TV dinner).
- Scrap metal - pots, pans, hangers, wires, appliances, chains, cables, nuts and bolts
The Rose Hill Regional Transfer Station is located at 163 Rose Hill Road in Peace Dale one-half mile north of Saugatucket Road. The hours are Monday through Saturday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m. For more information, call the Rose Hill Regional Transfer Station at 401-783-4554 or the South Kingstown Solid Waste Division at 401-789-9331, ext. 2259 or 2250.