Right of Way Alteration Permit

A Physical Alteration Permit (PAP) is required prior to any non-utility disturbance of the Town right of way. This permit is most often obtained for new construction driveway openings or reconstruction of existing driveways.

The applicant needs the following prior to issuance of a PAP:
  • A completed application signed by a South Kingstown Licensed Contractor
  • A site plan showing the location of the house and driveway on the lot with the Assessor's Plat and Lot numbers noted on the plan
    • All Town trees must be identified if they are near the area to be disturbed
    • A tree permit and advisory opinion from the Town Tree Board may be required for any tree trimming or removal activities
  • Payment of the $10 application fee

Additional Information

The Physical Alteration Permit takes a minimum of 2 business days to process. If you have any questions, please call the South Kingstown Engineering Division at 401-789-9331, ext. 2250.