Town Rights of Way

Do you know where your property line is? Many property owners believe their property begins where their lawn meets the road, but in reality the Town right of way extends a distance beyond the edge of pavement. In most cases, property line issues come to light when a property owner tries to erect a fence, stone wall or basketball hoop on what they believe is their property.

Before you make an expensive mistake, be sure to have your property surveyed. Physical obstructions in the Town right of way (with the exception of utility poles, Town signs, mailboxes, etc.) are prohibited. If you have any questions, please call the South Kingstown Engineering Division at 401-789-9331, ext. 2250.